Friday, November 7, 2008

50's day Lexi's Class

For making it through the 50th day of school the kindergartners were challenged to dress up as if they were in the 50's. Most of the parents to the kids never experienced the 50's except maybe Melissa (her husband is young though)! Anyway, Lexi dressed up in her poodle skirt (I had no idea the famous poodle skirt actually had a poodle on it!) Some of our heritage is a little "iffy" at times.

Lexi looked really cute and I think she probably enjoyed the attention as well.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Lexi looks very authentic. Great costume, Lex!

Liss and MOMMY said...

hey that skirt looks a little on the blue side...maybe it was Lexi Joshua was holding hands with...not the Baptist preacher's daughter. I guess we should be happy it was with any preacher's daughter he is on the right track.
I am letting you slide on the comment on me because it is your BIRTHDAY OLD MAN!

Anonymous said...

Cute girl! I like the outfit. Lexi looks so happy.
JH

Sharla said...

She was adorable.... and always is!

Anonymous said...

I never had a 50's poodle skirt but Melinda Jo did. She wasn't but about 3. I thought she looked cute like Lexie does. I went to a 50's party though once and dressed in jeans rolled up about mid calf and one of your dad's big shirts and of course oxfords and sox. It was a fun night. I hope Lexie had fun. Tried to call you several times last night, hope you had a wonderful birthday. Love you and yours. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! I've been thinking about you lately as we just got to Ukraine last month. I keep remembering when you would say, "We live in Russia! Can you believe we live in Russia?" Your kids are cute. I still can't believe you have four! Love you guys, Denyce

TREY MORGAN said...

She's a cutie!!!