Sunday, September 28, 2008
Children, Messes, Mom, Rewards
The first week we moved into our new home Amanda prepared spaghetti for dinner. Amanda is a great cook! We all think she does super when she has KP duty! We all would be much skinnier if we didn't like her cooking.
Anyway, when she fixed spaghetti Brooklyn decided to test it to see if it was cooked enough to eat. How do we test pasta? Just look at the pictures and imagine the action!
What I have learned in the process of raising 4 wonderful kids:
1. Mom's don't get paid enough
2. There are always messes that need to be cleaned and it is usually the one with the biggest shoulders to get it done - mom because "I don't know" made the mess.
3. Mom's are great at refereeing children but get a bad wrap from the "cheated" or "bad call" kid.
4. Mom deals with all the stuff Hunter sticks into his pockets. Hopefully she catches it before it turns to mud in the washing machine or is dumped on the floor.
5. Mom deals with all the "creative craft" that Lexi colors, cuts up into little pieces.
6. Mom picks up after Makayla playing dress up with her dolls and with Lexi.
7. Mom does the laundry, if she can find where her husband took it off and threw it somewhere, or where Hunter took his off (try looking under his bed), Makayla and Lexi just leave it lay in bathroom floor.
8. Mom also changes Brooklyn's diaper, if really messy, then she may have to look for the wipes that the girls were playing with (hint - try looking in the basement - that's where they were last time).
9. Mom also co-teaches a Lady's Bible class on Tuesdays from 12:00-2:00 pm and attends to her husband's class on Wednesday morning from 10:00-11:00 (with Brooklyn and Hunter)
10. Mom host people in her home - in between remodeling, painting, decorating, still unpacking stuff.
Evolution has always puzzled me, if it is true, why do mom's have only two arms?!
Anyway, because I love my wife and for all that she does I wanted to reward her so we went to eat at Chili's and then to a movie - I even took her to Wal-Mart!
Husbands be good to your wives, take her on a date (even inexpensive ones give a cha-ching in the love bank) or do something for her because she is well worth it!