6 Proven Steps to Building a Strong FamilyDr. Nick & Nancy Stinnett and Joe & Alice Beam
In the book Fantastic Families, which I highly recommend (take the course too!) there are 6 commitments that families need to adhere to. #5 is Commitment to Family Traditions
· Family traditions serve an important role in family cohesiveness
· The Lord instituted a family tradition for the Jews – Passover Celebration
-The oldest son would ask; “What does this mean?” as the meal begins
· Traditions provide a sense of history for the family
· Traditions create memories for family members
· EX: Meals together, devotionals, holidays, vacations, birthday celebrations, etc.